Sunday, November 08, 2015

Togetherness and baby steps

Bella and Duncan are getting along splendidly. She bosses him a little & he does what she says, so it's prettly peaceful. I'm not sure I even want to throw Scout into the mix, but I'll have to at some point.

Duncan is so hard to take pictures of. He's always right with me, and if I manage to get far enough away, it'll be at a weird angle or with bad lighting, or he's blinking. He blinks a lot. I think it might be his way of trying to cope when he's worried.
 He is not broke to ride, although he has been ridden with a saddle at least once, and sat on bareback. I don't have a lot of history on him. I do know he doesn't pick up his feet, so we've been working on that with some good results. He will now stand still rather than trying to get away when I rub his legs. He'll pick them up pretty well with a rope around them, but we still have some work to do.
 I dewormed him yesterday and learned that he doesn't like his mouth messed with. He learned that I'm pretty persistent. :)

I was considering riding Bella again but we just went for a walk and did some groundwork instead. It was too cold and windy do much more than that.

We also had a lovely little hike yesterday, all four of us two-legged types. My daughter is visiting for the weekend. It is so nice to have everyone together.


1 comment:

T.L. Merrybard said...

Not broken in at his age? Well you are the perfect person to sort that problem. :)