Monday, March 23, 2015

I am finally over my cold, I think. Even with being sick, I got some time in with the boys. Trimmed hooves on both Luc and Scout. I was so proud of Luc! He put his hind foot up on the hoof stand and stood patiently while I trimmed away, and then when I pulled it forward under his belly and put it on the hoof stand, it was no big deal! I was expecting him to knock it over. He is prettty cool. All this with nobody holding him, just a halter on in case I needed it.


Yesterday we took a walk around the property, following John and Scout. I think Luc was more relaxed when he didn't have a horse to follow, but I'm not sure. We went out and about in the neighbor's trees, then went into the big pasture with Bella and the donkeys. Luc hadn't been in with them in a couple days because he jumped the fence and got out. He is a challenge when it comes to fences. Most horses would stay in any fence as long as there is plenty of grass and all their friends are there. I guess he's an adventurer. Good thing he's easy to catch.

Anyway, Bella was so happy to see her boys she kept trying to incite a riot, galloping around and bucking. Pedro put Bob in the mustang pen, team-penning style, and then galloped back out to be with us. Eventually Bob trotted out to join us too. It's always so weird to se the donkeys moving fast.

Donkeys are more apt to reflect on things than to run.

We played in the pond a little too. Luc didn't march right in but he wasn't afraid to get his feet a little wet, as long as he could eat the pond weeds.



Oh, and we practiced trailer loading too. Luc has to get in the dental trailer next weekend. I don't think it will be a problem.



3 comments:

T.L. Merrybard said...

There was an Olympic showjumper who was discovered when he jumped out of a high stockyard on an outback station down here in Oz. Maybe Luc wants to be a showjumper too?

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Could be! Although it's only a waist high temporary fence. Maybe he could be in some sort of pee wee league.

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...
This comment has been removed by the author.