Tuesday, September 09, 2014

New Things.

It's amazing how much making a decision can lighten the load. Yesterday I decided I am no longer looking for a horse. I would like to ride, but we can't always have what we want, when we want it. I have 2 wonderful horses and 2 sweet donkeys, and if I can't ride, I can still enjoy my time with them. I am still on the fence about whether to keep Dakota here.

My other big decision was to quit my job. I gave my notice today and have my next job lined up. I will have fewer hours, so my checks will be a little smaller, but the wages are better. And NO overtime!

I'm going back to the low cost spay and neuter clinic I used to work at. We were a good team but at the time I quit there she couldn't give me many hours. I'm excited to go back. It works better with school schedules also.

We'll be broke, but I'll probably be easier to live with, and we'll have more time together as a family. Maybe I'll get back in the habit of blogging too. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've cleared out some underbrush - a very useful exercise!

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Yes! I am very much looking forward to seeing the results!

Snipe said...

Good for you for simplifying some things and going back to a job you enjoyed rather than being less happy at a job that pays more. It's a small price to pay for happiness. Wish I was in a position to do the same.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Soundw like a new chapter in your life.
I, too am unable to ride much, and am lucky to ride once or twice a month. Makes me thankful for all of my photos I have from the last 3 years of riding at amazing places. These photos are what help sustain me until I am able to ride more often.

Take care

T.L. Merrybard said...

I'm glad you will have more time at home. Quality of life is important. We have to enjoy our todays. We never know what might be around the corner.

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

Yep. While it's good to know one can push one's stress limits, it's not very healthy to live there.

Linda said...

Quality of life is priceless. I just interviewed Stormy May about the Path of the Horse documentary and she had a lot to say about enjoying our horses on the ground that really stretched my thinking. Of our 8, we only ride 3, and my relationships with the others are every bit as fulfilling as the riding relationships--if not more. I'm still weighing what she had to say.